Tuesday, May 20, 2008

bring on the lollipop

Wow 2 posts in one day...I'm on a roll!





I want to share with you my new little baby rattle lollipop creation. This idea has been in my head for a long time now & finally come to fruition. OK it may need a little refinement but I'm pretty happy with the result for a first prototype (sure beats the tree/artichoke disaster).







Unlike my previous dodgy sewing episode where I attached my finger to the Bernina, this experience was less painful for me but a lot more painful for my poor machine. Sewing through the lollipop head when it was filled with polyester was a bit too hardcore for the old girl. I resorted to hand turning the needle with the side dial, as every second stitch the needle got stuck. I'll need to rethink this one through next time. Maybe there's a different foot I can attach or a different needle? Any suggestions?








2 comments:

Lauren Alexander said...

Very cute design! I love the swirly top :-)

Anonymous said...

Fi
try getting a walking foot for your machine - works wonders with my thick layers of leather.
Dx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails