Still practising on the clothes sewing front. I finally got around to trying the 90 minute shirt which challenged me a little but I got there in the end. I incorrectly drafted the neckline which came out way too big. After some unpicking, cutting & re-sewing it is now wearable. I guess each time I attempt the pattern the fit will improve. It also introduced me to an overlocker / serger for the first time. Luckily Mum has one and was willing to help me with the threading - hooley dooley those things need a lot of cotton! I had no idea. The finish is so much better for it - I especially like the result with using the contrasting orange cotton colour.
Then I had a little run with using fleece fabric. My kids are into comfort clothes at the moment - soft - no itchy or scratchy stuff. Fleece is cheap & I found it super easy to work with.
These checkered fleece pants are the second pair of Hipsters for Slimsters I've made. I went with a longer leg this time and raised the back so they same up higher over his bum. I can see that the more I make the more I will be able to tweak the patterns for a better fit. The problem I had with these pants was the seams kept popping. My Mum suggested it may the tension on my machine or an incorrect stitch type. Next time I will try to use a slight zigzag instead of straight stitch. I have since used Mums overlocker to run over the seams and had no more popping. I'm starting to see the benefits of the overlocker/serger but finding it hard to justify the purchase cost at this stage.