One day a week I have both the kids in kindy/childcare. It's usually the day when I run around like a crazy woman trying to achieve a to-do list the length of my arm. Most times I get to the end of the day and feel deflated - only managing to cross 1 or 2 things off my impossible list of expectations.
Yesterday was not one of those days. Instead I wrote the day off to Mummy well being. It went like this.
- Drop kids off to kindy & childcare.
- Haircut (also involving coffee, trashy magazine reading & plenty of child-free chit chat)
- Leave salon feeling polished & presentable
- Pop into vintage clothing store & try on retro frocks (almost purchase but still wearing sensible hat at this stage)
- Head to favourite cafe for leisurely lunch & cappuccino while reading the local paper front to back
- Pop into 2 favourite op shops (thrift stores) and find a few gems
- Feeling like a million bucks with new hair cut decide to ramp it up at the end of the day and hit the shops. After a 15 minute power shop exit the store with 2 dresses & 2 orange cardigans... woo hoo!
- Pick up the kids a new Mum. Happy. Refreshed. Recharged. Bit more spunky :)
This is a highly recommended way to occasionally spend your child free day!