Tuesday, April 27, 2010

elsie marley's kids clothes week challenge


Elsie Marley is running a week of sewing for the little chaps, starting May 10th. The challenge is to put one hour in every night for a week and see what you can accomplish. It can be new projects or something that has been sitting in the half finished pile for a little too long.


I'm going to attempt to make a pair of these Hipsters for Slimsters pants for Sachin in an effort to find a style he can wear with no belt (he has no bum). I also have this this this and this on the wish list so we'll see how productive the week can be.

I have a pinafore/smock in mind for Ruby - just need to find the right pattern. In the meantime I do have this this this and this as back-ups. I'm absolutely loving this dress pattern but..dang! ...it's sold out. Will be keeping my eye on that one.

Actually as I have been writing this post and checking out the links I have made a last minute online purchase. I have wanted to buy this book for a long time - now I have the perfect excuse!


It will be a week of much learning for me as I have a very basic understanding of how to follow a pattern. Much more of a make it up as you go kind of girl. Perhaps I will be doing a bit of both??

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails