Saturday, January 24, 2009

simple life please

It is great to wake up in the morning and have nothing planned for the day. I'm so not an organised person (yep any of my friends or family can vouch for that) but that's OK as I'm happy that way. The thought of having my days scheduled with the same routine week to week makes me feel twitchy.

Yesterday morning (Friday) Ruby came into our bedroom still half asleep (you know the get up before wake up thing kids do) and before she was able to open her eyes without squinting she says "Mummy, what are we going to do today?". Bless her! Dean replies with a little envy,"I wish I could ponder that every morning".

So, it seems to me that it's these days where there are no plans that often turn out to be the memorable ones. Yesterday was no exception. Please don't get excited. It was a very ordinary day - no outings, no visitors, no special treats, just me and the kids at home.


We cleaned out our old farm shed and found a few treasures left by previous owners of our house. Next week the shed is being demolished to make way for a more family friendly backyard.



Admiring a couple of our treasures.

Another of our finds. "What's this thing Mum???" Mmmmm.... am I giving away my age to say that I remember owning and using one of these??



We found an old rope. What were we to do but tie each other up and play prisoners!





We made yummy banana & raspberry smoothies and slurped them through straws.




I spent the afternoon sporting the latest trend in button necklaces, custom designed and manufactured for Mum by 3.5 year old Ruby




We ate fish and chips for dinner out on the balcony and had lots of fun with Dad when he came home from work.


It's days like this I learn from my kids.
Have fun.
Don't take things too seriously.
Happiness is contagious.
Laugh a lot.
Be imaginative.
Appreciate what you have.
Simple is good.
Thankyou Ruby and Sachin. I love you. xxx

1 comment:

Madeline said...

That sounds like an absolutely lovely day! I'm not a schedule person either, and I particularly enjoy an unscripted life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails