Monday, January 26, 2009

contemplating beanbags on australia day

G'day mate.


It's Australia Day today and a hot 39 degrees. Glad we had our family BBQ yesterday when it was a little more pleasant.

Ruby has 5 ideas. Shall we go to the pool? Go to the beach? Go to the shops and buy some lollies (mmm... I could be convinced)? Go to the playground? Stay home? So after a family meeting, we've decided to go with the last option. The others are being left open for discussion later in the day when it cools down.

There is a Wiggles marathon on TV so that's keeping the little guy happy. Any Mum has just got to love the Wiggles..... oh yeah and they're Aussies!

One of my 2009 projects is to make the kids some beanbags. I've picked out these fabrics - all bright and cheery, some vintage, some new.



The plan is to panel them randomly into a big shabby patchwork. I've been searching for a beanbag tutorial to work from - this is the one I'm learning towards. I like the look of the finished product and the directions seem quite clear. I'd love it if you could point me in the direction of any other beanbag tutorials you may know of.

Cheers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails