Saturday, November 28, 2009

my saturday

The last 2 mornings I have been the first out of bed. This is not normal! The early riser in the family is out of sorts with a broken big toe. Broken in 3 places by a concrete sleeper...yeah...ouch!

So Sach and I got started making the regular Saturday morning pancakes. When it comes to making anything of the sweet variety in the kitchen this kid insists on taste testing everything that goes in. Raw eggs, flour, butter ....you name it, he'll give it a try - and then claim that it is "nice". He's hilarious!


Click to play this Smilebox collage: saturday
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox collage



I'm excited about Christmas. I know I've already said this, but I am! The last 2 years have been way too busy to relax & enjoy the festivities (both times moving house & renovating), so this year I'm going to make up for it. My brother and his 7.5 month pregnant wife are coming to Adelaide this week and we're having a Christmas themed evening at our house. Planned my menu today - roast beef, roast vegie free-form pies, roast smashed potatoes, green beans with pine nut butter and for dessert, a fruit mince and apple crumble tart (I know this will definitely be a winner with my dad).

I'm feeling this week ahead is going to be one of those crazy ones. We have a day surgery hospital visit, baking to be done for a Kindy fundraiser, a Kindy Xmas Party, the Wiggles Concert, a family dinner to host, the outside renovations & tradesmen to be managed, toys to be finished and a fat footed husband to be taking care of. All of this on top of the normal weeks activities with 2 pre-schoolers. I'm taking a deep breath.


Click to play this Smilebox collage: saturday

Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox collage



So we finished our day today with a pizza picnic on the loungeroom floor while watching Scooby Doo. Simple Saturday. Fun day. One of those days where everyone was just happy to be at home. Dad with his foot up on ice, daughter happy to snuggle next to him, and son entertained for hours trying to sinc the wiggles music on the computer with his wiggles guitar (nothing like a bit of "hot potato" distortion).

I tried this Smilebox software tonight which is not really what I was aiming for, but I can see it has potential to be fun in other ways. Seems to have some great capabilities for slideshows - must go and check it out a bit more.

==============================================
Don't forget to enter the Xmas Toy Giveaway to be drawn on Dec 1st. Two readers will be winning the toy of their choice from my Etsy shop. Good luck!
==============================================

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails