Friday, September 18, 2009

lazy day

Yesterday was one of those days, grumpy Mum, grumpy child, not enough sleep on both of our behalves. I knew from the moment we stepped out of bed it was going to be a long one (which is, yes, a bad attitude to have at the start of the day).

Without a car to escape the four walls of the house (at the mechanics) we were going to have to find a way to entertain our snooty selves for the 12 hours that remained until Dad arrived home.

We stayed in our PJ's all day. Surprisingly we actually had a very productive day with painting, sticking & pasting, bubbles, hopscotch, water buckets, playroom games and so much more. It was a marathon play fest!!



After lunch I requested some quiet Mum time (which rarely happens) and even stranger I felt the need to sew something. I never sew when the kids are around as it turns into bedlam with scissors, pins, cottons etc all over the room. However, yesterday, it happened. I made this Lazy Days Skirt, using this pattern.


So simple and so pretty. The pattern calls for one width of fabric, but I didn't have enough so added the extra panels. The more colour the better as far as my rainbow daughter (other grumpy party) is concerned. Hanging on the door now it will be paraded & twirled with pride this Sunday at the Victor Harbor Rock'n'Roll Festival.

Confession time. In the midst of my sewing glory Ruby entered the room to ask me a question. Bare footed she stepped on my super sharp fabric scissors and seriously cut her toe. I had a moment of absolute terror that she had almost cut her toe off! Blood everywhere! !She is such a brave soul I needed to be brave too. Finally it stopped bleeding and I realised that it wasn't as bad as it first looked. Lets just say that this Mum will not be going there again! The scissors were on the floor because my work bench was too cluttered for cutting. Naughty naughty me. After multiple apologies, hugs and kisses I think she forgives me. Oh and a new pretty skirt helps :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails