Thursday, March 20, 2008

Adelaide here we come!

We're moving to Adelaide. Where is that you say? It is the capital City (on the small side with a population of around 1.1 million) of South Australia and our home town. It is very sad to be saying goodbye to Melbourne which has taken great care of us over the last 6 years. The decision to relocate is purely based on family & lifestyle. It's time for our kids to be around their grandparents & extended family. It's time for us to spend more time with our kids & each other - commuting 3 hours a day to and from work is no longer our idea of fun.

Bummer about the packing that needs to take place. My problem is that I'm a little precious about my things and therefore turn into the packing monster. I feel the need to double check everything that goes into a box just in case it's not wrapped or placed correctly....I'm my own worst nightmare!

So anyway I've got a busy few weeks ahead getting ready to move & pulling together my cushions collection for the April Exhibition. I'll try to still pop in regularly for a chat but I hope you'll forgive me if I'm a little less frequent.

I'll also miss my house. I know it's only bricks & mortar but it is our home - the place where our beautiful babies first slept. Here's a few of my favourite spaces we've created in the house. I guess the next lodgers will be able to enjoy them.



Wall of shelves where I keep most of my fabrics. They are so beautiful they need to be out for all to see!














Blackboard wall - this is my memory...what will I do without it??? Great for the kids too.
The list never seems to get any shorter!





















Aaaaawwww...... my darling kitchen...boo hoo! she's been such a pleasure....

I have a special attachment to the alphabet glass splashback. This is a Maharam wallpaper fixed directly to the plaster wall and then protected by a sheet of clear float glass.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I can't live without my blackboard wall either. I love your splashback - what a cool idea!

Unknown said...

me again! I tagged you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Your post reminds me that Anthony and I will be moving 4 hours away next year - relocating to be near family also - it has its ups and downs, but all in all it's a good thing. :) I can see why your favorite spots are favorite. Very cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails