Friday, April 17, 2009

seesaw




Yay! My upholstery fabric arrived today for the poor lonely Diner that has been sitting unfinished since December. I've had boards cut for the seat back cushions and now that the fabric is here I can get the upholsterer under way.




I sourced the fabric from Woven Image. It is a Crypton (Barrier) fabric made of 100% Polyolefin, hopefully making cleaning a little easier with the kids who will probably be spending a lot of time at the Diner. In addition to eating I imagine it being the art & craft area of the house and later homework etc.


The design is called Seesaw, colourway 415.


So with that now underway, I need to get a wriggle on with the table. The stone top is sitting on the floor in my sewing room waiting for a base. This sketch is currently with the metal fabricators being costed for manufacture. Hopefully it doesn't break the bank!



Can't wait to have my first coffee at the Diner! All we need now is a mini jukebox on the wall?


Ooh I can almost cross this one off the list.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails